DIAGNOSTIC DISCS 100 discs Code: DD 512,513,514
1000 discs DD 5121, 5131, 5141
for the differentiation of Haemophili
Purpose and usage:
X-FACTOR, V-FACTOR and X+V-FACTOR diagnostic discs are designed for the simple differentiation of the species of genus Haemophilus.
Inoculate evenly an agar plate without blood with the tested strain. Put the diagnostic disc aseptically with the growth factors on it and incubate it for 24 (eventually 48) hours at 37°C.
Observe the colonies growing around the discs after incubation:
· Bacteria requiring growth factor X grow only in the vicinity of X and X+V discs,
· Bacteria requiring growth factor V grow only in the vicinity of V and X+V discs,
· Bacteria requiring both growth factors grow only in the vicinity of X+V disc.
Growth of the Haemophili in the presence or absence of growth factors:
1. X-FACTOR, V-FACTOR and X+V-FACTOR discs are designed for laboratory use only.
2. Discs should be stored in a dark place at +4°C and should not be used beyond the expiration date shown on the packing.