Diagnostic device > Latexagglutination diagnostic sets
Latexagglutination diagnostic sets 50 tests Code: SL 141
ITEST S. AUREUS LATEX
for a quick identification of Staphylococcus aureus
Purpose and usage:
The ITEST S. AUREUS LATEX set is determined for a quick, easy, and exact identification of Staphylococcus aureus. The colonies from blood agar are the initial material for the determination.
Principle of the test:
Pathogenic strains of S. aureus produce enzyme-bound coagulasis - clumping factor - and the cells of these strains contain A protein. Rabbit immunoglobulin (IgG) and fibrogen are bound to the latex particles of ITEST S.AUREUS LATEX. A clear agglutination of latex suspension appears at the reaction of the clumping factor with fibrogen or A protein with IgG. The clumping factor and A protein are mutually independent factors and their detection is important for S. aureus identification.
1. Place one drop of ANTI S. AUREUS suspension on a black field of the detection card.
2. Take 5-10 colonies of the tested strain with the enclosed mixing bar and mix well with latex suspension (at the greater number of colonies, agglutination of the latex suspension is faster and more clear in positive cases).
3. Rock the detection card for l minute. When testing more strains, pay attention not to mix the material of the neighbouring area. If this happen, repeat the test.
In positive case (reaction of the clumping factor with fibrogen or A protein with rabbit IgG) a marked agglutination of the ANTI S. AUREUS latex suspension occurrs within 1 minute.
Agglutination - forming of the granules with a more or less clear liquid among them, observed with a naked eye.
In negative case - agglutination of the latex suspension does not occur within 1 minute.
Note: do not take into consideration slight traces of granular material which could be observed even in negative case.
1. ITEST S. AUREUS LATEX set is available in a package of 50 tests (code SL 141) and is determined for in vitro diagnostics.
2. Store the set in a dark place at +4o C and use it until the expiration date marked on the package. Latex suspension must not get frozen!